These industries have extremely high hygiene and cleanability requirements. Whether for aseptic filling systems for milk products or beverages, cutting machines for sausage or cheese, or filleting machines for fish or meat: SEW-EURODRIVE represents top-notch flexibility, longevity, and reliability.
The stainless steel servo gearmotors from the PSH..CM2H meet the stringent guidelines outlined by the European Hygienic Engineering Design Group (EHEDG) and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
The gearmotors also has roughness below 0.8 µm and radii greater than 3 mm.
The housing units are also exceptionally smooth and with no rough edges or any horizontal surfaces.
Due to this high demand for longevity and easy cleanability, the compact units consisting of the synchronous servomotor and planetary gear unit are also resistant against hot steam and corrosive cleaning agents As a result, they are perfectly suited for clean-in-place (CPI) and sterilisation (SIP) processes.
With the intention of making them quickly and easily cleanable, the stainless steel servo gearmotors were developed to withstand high-pressure cleaning, even at high temperatures and with chemical cleaning agents. The drives reach a degree of protection of IP69K.
Even feedback systems for a likewise dynamic and secure positioning are integrated. With five sizes at different lengths in a nominal torque range from 1.0 to 103.6 Nm and four different gear ratios per gear unit, these new drives with the CM2H.. stainless steel servomotor are the ideal complement in our MOVI-C® modular automation system.
As such, the stainless steel servo gearmotors from the PSH..CM2H.. series not only deliver the necessary performance for systems in the food, beverage, and pharmaceutical industries but they can also be flexibly integrated into existing machine designs.
The most common applications for the gearmotors include cutting machines for things like cheese and sausages, and filleting machines for fish and other typed of meat.
Some of the advantages of the product include fast cleaning with rapid changeover and corrosion resistant surfaces, a compact design, short development turnaround times, and European engineering quality.
Overview of the technology
- Resistant to aggressive and strong cleaning agents as well as hot steam; suitable for CIP/SIP (Clean In Place/Sterilisation In Place)
- Hygienic and ergonomic design with no corners, edges or cavities – radii > 3 mm, roughness < 0.8 µm – Entire portfolio comprising 5 sizes, each in different lengths
- Hygiene risk minimisation for the machine – Robust, degree of protection up to IP69K and therefore suitable for high-pressure and steam jet cleaning
- Optimised operation on MOVIDRIVE inverters from the MOVI-C modular automation system – For all areas of the food processing industry
- Feedback systems for dynamic and safe positioning
- Compact size thanks to integrated planetary gear unit in various gear ratios
- Higher productivity thanks to shorter cleaning time
- Simple, flexible and modular, with open communication interfaces
- Designed according to the guidelines of the EHEDG
- European Hygienic Engineering Design Group
- Drives comply with FDA (Food and Drug Administration) requirements
- Torques from 1.0 Nm to 103.6 Nm – Fast delivery time